Subject Specific Entry Criteria
- Grade 5 in GCSE Mathematics
- 3.1 Analysis of Data
- 3.2 Maths for Personal Finance
- 3.3 Estimation
- 3.4 Critical Analysis of Given Data and Models
- 3.5 The Normal Distribution
- 3.6 Probabilities and Estimation
- 3.7 Correlation and Regression
One year course and equivalent to an AS qualification.
- Paper 1 – 60 Marks (Units 3.1, 3.2, 3.3)
- Paper 2A – 60 Marks (Units 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7)
A course designed for Post- 16 students who want to continue studying mathematics but not at AS or A Level. It is a practical mathematical course focussing on real-life problems. The skills gained will supplement the mathematical elements studied in other A Level subjects including; geography, sciences, psychology, business and economics.
This course is chosen alongside three other courses.
Possible Career Paths
Any career involving an element of problem solving.