At George Spencer Academy, we believe that all children have the right to the best possible education through an Ethos of Excellence. It is at the very heart of everything we do. We provide an inspiring, challenging and innovative curriculum and describe our curriculum offer as a ‘wrap around’ curriculum that focuses on the development of every child, both academically and socially. We pride ourselves on being inclusive for all through an excellent level of academic and pastoral support alongside our inclusive formal, wider and hidden curriculum. This ensures that every student can access a broad, balanced and highly ambitious curriculum to develop into resilient, confident and articulate young adults. We are driven by wanting to support all students as they thrive academically and develop passions and interests both inside and outside the classroom. We talk about ‘light bulb moments’ within the George Spencer community and how this represents the great learning experiences all our students have. We aim for all our students to have ‘light bulb moments’ on a daily basis at George Spencer Academy.
Our academy secures an ambitious curriculum that is inclusive for all through our core values which underpins all we do;
We are an Academy that uses our core values as strong moral values which are based on these fundamental aims:
- We respect each other, are self-motivated, disciplined, have a thirst for learning, and a strong sense of pride in belonging to the Academy.
- We are committed to providing educational opportunities of the highest quality for all our students and we believe in educating the whole child.
- We have a strong foundation of support and development for all with a fundamental aim of creating vibrant and dynamic learning experiences so every child can strive to be the best they can.
- At George Spencer Academy we are committed to helping every student become the finest person they are capable of becoming.
- We need to ensure that the systems we use to create a positive learning environment are clear, understood by all and followed by everyone.
- We believe manners are an important part of character and we encourage everyone to be polite, fair and honest.
- We work hard to keep each other informed and have open communication with all stakeholders.