Developing Excellence in Practice
The aim of the programme is to develop a teacher who can reflect on teaching with the tools to enable and raise levels of engagement in learning, through providing consistently excellent lessons; an innovative teacher who is willing to take risks.
The programme comprises 6 sessions over 3 terms. Within this, there are linked practical tasks back in your school including applying what you learn and observation in the host school. Participants focus on a range of aspects of teaching and learning such as challenge, engagement, assessment, differentiation, questioning and planning.
What will it deliver?
• Introduce and consolidate new knowledge and skills, and focus on what constitutes excellent practice in teaching and learning.
• Provide in-depth coaching to deepen teachers’ understanding of excellent classroom practice. Participants improve through facilitated practice activities as structured opportunities to reflect on teaching approaches and their quality and impact.
• Provide an opportunity for teachers to see excellent teaching in a host school.
• Provide an opportunity for teachers to be observed in their own school by specialists and to discuss how practice might be further enhanced.
• Develop a higher level of understanding of teaching and improve learning for students while providing the techniques to ‘coach’ colleagues and raise performance.
Who is it for?
• be a high quality practitioner with at least three years’ teaching experience.
• be a highly respected, inspiring professional who demonstrates high order interpersonal skills.
• have a commitment both to continuing their professional development and that of other staff.
TSA/SAT Schools: £100
Non-TSA Members: £150
(Free places for Rushcliffe)
Autumn – Spring Term
Download a flyer here.