If you have any queries about examinations, please contact email@example.com
Summer 2023 Exams
GCSE, A Level and other Level 2 and 3 Exams will run between Monday 15th May 2023 until Tuesday 27th June 2023.
Exam timetables have now been published on exam board websites.
The afternoons of Thursday 8th June and Thursday 15th June, as well as the day of Wednesday 28th June have been designated as Contingency sessions in case of local or national emergencies. Therefore, all students expecting to take Exams in Summer 2023 must be available up to and including Wednesday 28th June 2023.
- May Half-Term Revision Sessions
- Year 11 Study Overview
- Preparing to sit your exams
- Top 5 Revision Tips
- Instructions for Candidates
- Information for Candidates : NEA
- Information for Candidates : On screen tests
- Information for Candidates : Social Media
- Information for Candidates : Written Exams
- Information for Candidates: Privacy Notice
- Information for Candidates : Coursework Assessments
If you leave George Spencer Academy at the end of Year 11, certificates should be available for collection towards the end of November of that year. If you leave George Spencer Academy at the end of Year 13, certificates should be available for collection in December of that year. Please check our website for updates, in both cases you will need to bring a form of ID with you when collecting.
If you require your Exam Certificates at any other time, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that a separate collection can be arranged.
Please note, as per Exam Board guidance, we archive any uncollected certificates for a maximum of 5 years before confidentially destroying them
Please contact the awarding bodies directly.
- AQA – Past results and lost certificates
- OCR – Replacement certificates
- WJEC – Replacement exam certificates
- PEARSON – Replacement certificates
Exam help and advice
The following websites provide a wealth of information for students and parents to support them through the exam period:
- Health for Teens – including a link to online counselling through Kooth.com
- Change 4 Life – guidance on healthy eating
- Mee Two – app for young people to access support re. exam stress, anxiety etc. Download our MeeTwo Flyer
- Teenage Pressure & Exam Stress: Information for Parents & Carers
- Coping with exam stress – advice from AQA
- Looking after yourself during your GCSE’s – A Guide for Pupils
- An emotionally healthy approach to GCSE’s – A Guide for Parents
- An emotionally healthy approach to GCSE’s – A Guide for Teachers
- Student Wellbeing Handout
- Revision Planner
- Encourage your child to explain homework tasks to you. Discussing often helps to focus the mind.
- Praise your child for successfully completing homework tasks.
- Try to provide your child with a suitable place and the right equipment to do their homework.
- Sign your child’s planner each week.
- Help with spelling punctuation and grammar.
- Take an interest in what your child is learning about.
- Encourage your child to read out loud to you.
- Reading skills are essential to learning.
- Help your child to find out information from books, Internet, etc. Be careful not to do the work for them!
- Take an interest in how well they did in previous homeworks.
Private Candidates Policy
Unfortunately, we are unable to facilitate exams for external/private candidates. A list of centres who can accept private candidates is available on request from the exam boards.