Subject Specific Entry Criteria
- Grade 7 in GCSE Mathematics (Desirable, GCSE Mathematics Grade 8)
- Complex Numbers
- Further Algebra and Functions
- Further Calculus
- Further Vectors
- Polar Coordinates
- Hyperbolic Functions
- Differential Equations
- Numerical Methods
- Application 1 – Mechanics
- Application 2 – Discrete
This is a linear course examined at the end of two years.
- Paper 1 – 100 Marks (Pure Content Only)
- Paper 2 – 100 Marks (Pure Content Only)
- Paper 3 – 100 Marks (Discrete 50 Marks, Mechanics 50 Marks)
There is the opportunity to sit AS at the end of Year 1. Ask for more details.
Further Mathematics allows the opportunity to explore three main areas of Mathematics; Pure, Discrete and Mechanics in greater depth and cover more content.
Possible Career Paths
Further Mathematics is sometimes a preferred A Level for specific degree courses. Please check with individual universities for entry requirements. Traditional careers being Accountancy, Analysts, Computing & IT, Education, Engineering, Financial Services, Operational Research and Sciences.
UKMT Senior Maths Challenge and Team Maths Challenge. Sixth Form students also have the opportunity to teach students in other year groups.