Dear Parents and Carers,
As we conclude this academic year my final message is one of celebration and pride. This academic year has been a turbulent year for all those involved in education as we worked to create our ‘new norm’ and continued to navigate through the impact of the pandemic on our students.
Our students always have and always will continue to be at the centre of our decision making and my reflections of pride very much comes from their hard work, resilience and dedication to their studies.
My reflection of celebration is one of recognition to our:
• ‘Back to the 80s’ cast who delivered a fabulous performance for the first time since 2019;
• students’ contributions for the Year group charities and the extensive community work they have engaged in this year.
• World Class School students’ ambassadors for their hard work in evidencing the excellent things happening in the academy that led to our reaccreditation.
• students who have taken part on a trip or visit after they restarted this academic year.
• Year 11 and Year 13 students who sat their exams and currently await their results;
The list goes on and on… and so congratulations to all our students on truly demonstrating our Ethos of Excellence.
I would like to thank you for the support you have provided at home and the communications we have had with families this year that have helped steer our curriculum offer in ensuring we provide wrap around care for all students of George Spencer Academy.
On behalf of our staff we wish you and your families an enjoyable, relaxing and peaceful summer.