28th March – 1st April is RAG Week and each Year group will be taking part in a different activity to raise money for their chosen Year Group Charity.
- Year 7 are holding bake sales each break time this week outside the Maths block with the proceeds going to Young Lives vs Cancer
- Year 8 are taking part in a #RaceForLife during their Thursday Morning PE lessons this week for CancerResearchUK. If you would like to sponsor them, they have a fundraising page here: fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/george-sp
- Year 9 are fundraising for Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust and are busy creating bird boxes which will be placed around the school site and are available to sponsor: justgiving.com/fundraising/ge They are also collecting spare change for the #ChangeForTrees campaign to help protect ancient woodlands
- Year 10 are taking part in a sponsored ‘Row the Trent’ event to raise money for PASIC Cancer Support for Children and Young People. Each form group will take turns using the PE rowers to help complete the 298km. If you would like to sponsor them they have a fundraising page here: justgiving.com/fundraising/ge
- Year 11 and Sixth Form students are supporting Broxtowe Youth Homelessness this RAG week. Year 11 are collecting food and toiletry items to create care parcels and the Sixth Form are holding a series of Staff versus Student events.
Good luck to all our students and staff this RAG week for their fundraising events!