We are pleased to confirm our annual George Spencer Academy Sports Day will be at the Harvey Hadden Stadium on Monday 17th July. This is one of the highlights of the school calendar, with the whole Academy taking part in the day. Please see details of the day below.
- All students (spectators and competitors) will be dressed in their George Spencer PE kit with a t-shirt matching their allocated team colours if possible.
- Students need to bring a packed lunch on the day, any students who receive free school meals can order a sandwich bag and collect this from the lower site canteen before registering on the day.
- Please ensure your child has sun cream with them and plenty of drinks for the afternoon in case of hot weather. Additionally, there is a tuck shop at the stadium; students should bring money with them if they wish to purchase refreshments.
We are arranging for all students to be transported to and from the stadium in coaches, and your child is expected to attend either as a competitor or spectator.
- Students in Year 7 and 8 need to arrive at the lower school cage no later 8.45am. They will then be transported to Harvey Hadden.
- Students in Year 9 and 10 need to arrive at the lower school cage no later than 9.45am.They will then be transported to Harvey
- All students will be transported back to school and the day will end at the normal time of 3:20pm
If your child is unable to attend or if you do not wish them to attend, please complete this Google form by Monday 3rd July.
Please note that students whose parents/carers who do not wish their child to attend will still be educated at school.
If your child receives a free school meal please complete this Google form by Tuesday 7th July. The sandwich filling choice is Ham, Cheese or Tuna Mayo (each child will also get a bottle of water, and a piece of fruit) All packed lunches must be picked up from lower site canteen before registration.