The National Professional Qualification for Executive Leadership (NPQEL) supports the professional development of aspiring and serving executive headteachers and multi-academy trust (MAT) chief executive officers (CEOs).
Why Do Your Leadership Qualifications Through Us?
- Well-established, school-based National Professional Qualifications Leadership Development provider
- Exceptionally high satisfaction, completion and pass rates
- Facilitators and key speakers are outstanding leaders from primary, secondary and special schools
- Range of excellent, diverse placement schools
- Personalised support throughout
- 360 Leadership diagnostics top and tail each programme to allow tracking of progress across the course
- Opportunities for M credits towards the University of Nottingham’s Masters in Educational Leadership and Management without extra charge or additional workload
- Easily accessible training venue
Who Can Apply?
You should be, or aspire to be, an executive headteacher or CEO of a MAT with responsibility for leading across several schools.
Study will last between 12 and 18 months. During this time you will:
- develop knowledge and skills across 6 content areas, which set out what an effective executive leader should know and be able to do
- have the opportunity to develop up to 7 important leadership behaviours, which set out how an effective leader should operate
- complete a final assessment that evaluates your capability against the knowledge and skills set out in the 6 content areas
For more information about our programme, the support we offer, the final assessment and our faciltiation team, please look at our NPQEL Programme Booklet.
- Download our NPQEL booklet here.
Booking your Place 2020-2021
We want to ensure that candidates are truly ready to undertake this programme. Our application forms are designed to help us ascertain this. Sponsors are closely involved in assessing, verifying and endorsing applications.
To reserve a place on this intake, please complete an initial booking form. Following this, you will need to complete a statement of application to be assessed and an interview round will follow.
Step 1: George Spencer Booking Form
National Professional Qualification for Executive Leadership (NPQEL) – £3,000 pp*
*DfE Scholarship Funding is available to cover course fees for eligible schools working in Opportunity Areas and areas defined in Achieving Excellence Areas as categories 5 and 6. This set of criteria will apply to schools applying before the end of this academic year. A new set of criteria will be published by the DfE from September 2020.
- DfE funding is available – please visit this page to check the eligibility criteria.
Step 2: Statement of Application
This is an opportunity to share your purpose for being part of the EL programme and show your suitability to the course. It’s an important aspect of the application process which allows us to get to know applicants. Following this, an interview round will be confirmed for eligible applicants.
July Start Date:
- GSA Booking Form Deadline: 8th July
- Statement of Application: 8th July
October Start Date:
- GSA Booking Form Deadline: 25th September
- Statement of Application: 25th September
If you have any questions, please email Lisa Wilshere via email@example.com
- Call us to discuss: 0115 9170100
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org