NPQML is aimed at those who are, or are aspiring to become, a middle leader with responsibility for leading a team e.g. a key stage leader, a curriculum area leader, a pastoral services leader, a subject leader, a special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO), or a head of department. This includes those who are, or are aspiring to be, a middle leader with cross-school responsibilities e.g. a Specialist Leader of Education (SLE).
Our programme is delivered though a blended learning approach; a combination of face to face days, on-line learning , school experience, and self –study and personal reading. As a competency based programme there is a focus throughout on the development of skills and understanding alongside leadership behaviours. Whilst on the programme day-to-day leadership development in your current school will allow you to:
- Lead on a strategically challenging project
- Engage in challenge and support from your coach and/or head teacher
- Integrate new learning into your leadership practice
- Develop those leadership behaviours identified through the 360 diagnostic
- Negotiate and tackle specific whole team/school improvement priorities
The course duration is 12 months with an expectation that participants go for final assessment within 12-18 months from induction.
For more information about our programme, the support we offer, the final assessment and our faciltiation team, please look at our NPQML Programme Booklet.
- Download our NPQML booklet here.
- For schools with 210 or more on roll, the cost is £900.
- For schools with less than 210 on roll, as identified by Edubase at the time of application, the cost is £750.
- All charges include final assessment fees.
If you are a member of one of our partner or teaching school alliance schools, or making multiple bookings on behalf of a MAT or other cluster of schools, you may be eligible for up to a 10% discount.
DfE scholarships are currently on pause. This doesn’t mean that there won’t be any available again, but at the moment we are not in a position to offer them.
To book a place on this intake, please complete the application form on the top left.
We also run a Hub over in Lincoln in collaboration with Lincolnshire Teaching Schools Together – if you would like to join this cohort and attend all Face 2 Face days in Lincoln, please use the correct application form on the top left.
- July Start Date: 8th July 2020
- October Start Date: 25th September 2020
- Call us to discuss: 0115 9170100
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org