The NPQSL is an established qualification that provides national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a senior leader. It is aimed at individuals who not only have responsibility for leading a team, but are also involved in leading across teams on a range of issues that affect the whole school or organisation. It is aimed at senior leaders, including experienced middle leaders, deputy heads, SENCOs and ASTs and other senior staff looking for further professional development but not yet within 18 months of headship. You do not have to have completed any prior leadership development programmes to embark upon this qualification.
The NPQSL qualification will support you in becoming a highly effective senior leader, with the skills, confidence and knowledge to contribute to the strategic development of your school or organisation as part of the senior leadership team.
Our programme is delivered though a blended learning approach; a combination of face to face days, on-line learning , school experience, and self –study and personal reading. As a competency based programme there is a focus throughout on the development of skills and understanding alongside leadership behaviours. Whilst on the programme day-to-day leadership development in your current school will allow you to:
- lead on a strategically challenging project
- engage in challenge and support from your coach and/or head teacher
- integrate new learning into your leadership practice
- develop those leadership behaviours identified through the 360 diagnostic
- negotiate and tackle specific whole team/school improvement priorities
The course duration is 12 months with an expectation that participants go for final assessment within 12-18 months from induction.
For more information about our programme, the support we offer, the final assessment and our faciltiation team, please look at our NPQSL Programme Booklet.
- Download our NPQSL booklet here.
- For schools with over 210 on roll, the cost of NPQSL is £1200.
- For schools with less than 210 on roll, as identified by Edubase at the time of application, the cost is £1050.
- These figures include the cost of the final assessment.
If you are a member of one of our partner or teaching school alliance schools, or making multiple bookings on behalf of a MAT or other cluster of schools, you may be eligible for up to a 10% discount.
DfE scholarships are currently on pause. This doesn’t mean that there won’t be any available again, but at the moment we are not in a position to offer them.
To book a place on this intake, please complete the application form on the top left.
We also run a Hub over in Lincoln in collaboration with Lincolnshire Teaching Schools Together – if you would like to join this cohort and attend all Face 2 Face days in Lincoln, please use the correct application form on the top left.
- July Start Date: 8th July 2020
- October Start Date: 25th September 2020
- Call us to discuss: 0115 9170100
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org