Keep calm and get organised
- Check you know the exam boards for your subjects. Ensure you have a copy of the relevant sections of the specification for each subject to be examined…if not get printing!
- RAG rate the sections of the spec – identify clearly what you need to revise.
Keep calm, I have a plan!
- Gather the loose pieces of paper
- Organise your folder into sections…use dividers!
- Make sure to include all marked work that has feedback…use it!
- Include additional resources…but make sure you use them…Highlight key points etc. – they are not just there to fill your folder!
Organise your folders
- Ok have you printed specs and RAG rated?
- Produce a basic plan of where you have commitments – lessons/homework/employment – COLOUR CODE.
- Use your RAG rated specs…what will you focus on this week? The more DETAIL the more likely it will happen.
- Once planned, trial it…as you go through the week tick off what you do.
Chunk and check
- Chunk your work.
- Try an exam question (on exam board website).
- Struggling to find questions? Ask your teacher!
Keep calm and read
- Textbook, articles, additional sources…
- SQ3R …. does it work for you?
- Effective Reading
- MOODLE ADVANCED LEARNING
- Don’t understand something? Use a post-it make a note, ask your classmates, ask your teacher.
Keep calm and understand exam terminology
- The most important thing to do when you first open you exam booklet is to read all the questions and try to understand what they are asking of you.
- This glossary contains many of the exam terms most often used in essay titles.