|What We Wear at GSA||What We Do Not Wear at GSA|
|Blazer and tie||School black blazer with Academy logo
George Spencer Academy tie
– At least 6 stripes showing on tie
|Any item as a replacement for the blazer|
|Shirt or blouse||Plain white collared shirt
– Cotton or polyester, long or short sleeve, tucked in at the waist, top button done up.
|Polo shirt or T-Shirt
Coloured/logoed tops/polo shirts underneath shirts
|Trousers/Skirt||Black pleated skirt with Academy logo
– Skirts should reach the finger tips, when arms are down by your sides.Black loose fitting/boot cut school trousers, worn at the waist
– Trousers should be plain style covering the ankle and the sock.
– Trousers must touch the top of the shoe.
Skirts without a logo
Skirts that are rolled up
Jean material trousers
Skinny trousers, low rise trousers, slim fit, cropped, chino or other style trousers
Tracksuit / Jogging bottom underneath school trousers
|Jumper||Plain black v neck woollen jumper (optional)
– With the GSA logo embroidered
|Plain jumpers or cardigans
Hoodies, tracksuit tops or other fabric jackets
|Top Coat||Plain black coat, warm and weather-proof
– Coat should enable the blazer to be worn underneath. To be removed in lessons, registration and assembly.
|An extra jumper or hoodie instead of a topcoat
Denim or Leather jackets
Any type of fur or faux fur coat
Body warmers / Gilets
Hats or caps
|Shoes||Plain black leather school shoe
– Practical and safe
|Trainer style or Trainers with a logo, boots, canvas shoes or leather Converse/Vans
Plimsoll black shoes
|Socks, Tights||Plain black or white ankle socks
|Leggings/footless tights, patterned tights
Bright coloured or patterned socks
One plain, flat ring
One ‘charity’ wristband
Plain black belt with trousers, if needed
Plain black belt
Nail varnish, false nails, make-up, lip colouring, false eye lashes
No fashion/other coloured belts
Belts with a logo
|Piercings||For pierced ears
– one pair of plain flat studs on the lobe of the ear only. These must be removed for PE.
Piercings should be done during the summer holidays
Facial/mouth /tongue piercings
Multiple piercings in ears
|Hair||Hair must be one natural colour
Headscarves should be black or white in colour
– They should be worn so the collar and tie can be seen, with the ends tucked in to conform to health and safety standards.
|Unnatural coloured hair/dip-dyed hair
No extreme haircuts, including undercuts
No tramlines or shaven in designs to the hair, hair no shorter than grade 2
No hair accessories to be worn
|Physical Education||Outdoor Kit:
Red & black rugby shirt (Just Schoolwear)
Red Sweatshirt (Just Schoolwear)
Plain black shorts or plain black jogging bottoms (small logo)
Plain black football socks
Boots (for Rugby & Football)
Shin pads (for Football & Hockey)
|No zipped or hooded tops
Jogging bottoms or shorts that are not black
T-shirts that are not white
PE kit underneath our uniform
**Students who fail to comply with these expectations will receive an appropriate sanction**
- Any items that do not meet the uniform expectations will be confiscated, it will be the responsibility of the parent/carer to collect these from the Academy.
- The Academy will be the final arbiter on what is deemed to be acceptable as uniform.
- In exceptional circumstances, where pupils are unable to wear correct Academy dress, parents are asked to provide a note for the Learning Manager to consider.